Welcome to Alfasoft Online Demo Day 2014
We are happy to invite you to our online demo day on Thursday 10th of April!
We have packed the day with exiting and educational seminars and presentations we hope you will enjoy.
The online seminars are free for all, and all you need to do is register below to attend your chosen seminar(s).
Kl. 09-10: EndNote - Save 90% of the time you spend on reference handling Click here to read the agenda
Learn how easy, and time efficient, it is to manage references and creating bibliographies with EndNote. You will understand why EndNote today is the world’s most popular reference software. We will also present some of the great new features in EndNote X7 that will help you in your daily work.
- Cite While You Write (CWYW) features in EndNote X7
- PowerPoint support
- Import, search, rename PDF files… and more
- Find full text articles
- Subheadings in bibliographies
- Explore smart groups
Seminar holder: Ph.D. Peter Masurat, Alfasoft AB
Kl. 10-11: NVivo - Qualitative analysis of your literature overview Click here to read the agenda
Bibliographic software such as EndNote organizes your literature, keeps track of references, and have cite and write integration with WORD.
NVivo helps researchers analyse the literature and link it to the analysis of their data.
In this session we will cover how:
- Researchers can import their EndNote bibliographic library easily into NVivo
- Researchers can annotate and/or code directly on articles in PDF format or on their notes on the literature
- Researchers will be able to connect the analysis of the literature to their research data
- Researchers will be creating a literature archive that can be mined repeatedly to support writing articles in their subject area
Seminar holder: Silvana di Gregorio, PhD, Training & Research Consultancy Manager
Kl. 11-12: SigmaPlot 12.5 - High quality statistical graphs ready for publication Click here to read the agenda
This is an introductory webinar that cover the basics of SigmaPlot. We will show you how SigmaPlot efficiently help researchers analyze and present their data in publications, presentations or the web.
This session will cover:
- Introduction of ribbons and layout
- Import your data from various formats & programs
- Create and modify your graph in detail
- Run statistical tests assisted by the analysis advisor wizard
- Export your work in a format ready for publication
Presenter: Gustaf Dahlberg, Alfasoft AB
Kl. 12-13: Embarcadero - Super charging your VCL apps with XE5 Click here to read the agenda
The last few releases of RAD Studio have seen a marketing message that has been dominated by mobile, however a huge part of what has been developed has great benefits for the VCL developer as well. Learn how the VCL has been super charged by a number of the enhancements and find new ways to approach old challenges in this session where we will also discuss continuing to get the best from your current VCL code moving forward.
Seminar holder: Stephen Ball
Kl. 13-14: Mathcad Prime 3.0 - Calculations made simple Click here to read the agenda
The unique Mathcad visual format and scratchpad interface integrates standard mathematical notation, text and graphs in a single worksheet - making Mathcad ideal for knowledge capture, calculation reuse, and engineering collaboration.
Come and see how this latest release of Mathcad Prime with new & improved template capabilities, significantly enhanced mathematical formatting options now with ad-hoc copy and paste to office tools will greatly enhance your ability to work and share your key calculations. We will also present Mathcad Prime’s ability to incorporate legacy code built in tools such as Fortran, C / C++ making sure critical methods are transformed into a usable and readable format. You can also see the improved conversion fideltity from older Mathcad worksheets with the inclusion of global defintions and math-in-text functionality.
- Introduction to Mathcad
- Live demo of Mathcad Prime 3.0
Seminar holder: Knud Nissen, Technical Specialist, PTC
Kl. 14-15: SIMULIA - Dassault Systèmes Brand for Realistic Simulation Click here to read the agenda
SIMULIA - Dassault Systèmes Brand for Realistic Simulation
Learn more about how to make use of simulation to improve your product quality, performance and customer experience. This webinar will introduce SIMULIA simulation capabilities and tools for process automation and design exploration:
- Abaqus structural analysis
- Abaqus Mulitphysics solutions
- Isight for process automation & design optimization
- Examples of successful use of simulation in current industries
Presenter: Ph.D Jan Granlund, Technical Expert SIMULIA EuroNordics
Kl. 15-16: MindManager - Gettings things done with Mindjet Click here to read the agenda
Join this webinar with Laura Conrardy from Mindjet to see how you can:
- Streamline your workflow with maps
- Use maps to describe projects and automatically create action lists with the Marker Index feature
- Unleash your innovative side by building on existing ideas
- Accelerate your understanding of work priorities, contexts and dependencies through industry-leading visualisation
- Use map templates to enhance your GTD process.
Presenter: Laura Conrardy, Mindjet
Alfasoft Online Demo Day 2014