Sammy Sammy Sampa
EndNote has over 23 years been the intelligent way to manage your references and bibliographies. With EndNote , smart just became brilliant. As always, EndNote connects you to the brightest resources available and simplifies collaboration between colleagues. But EndNote does a great deal more. It allows you to attach files to an EndNote Web record and transfer file attachments between the desktop and Web. It searches online for updated reference information while allowing you to view and annotate PDF files within an EndNote library. And it adds some incredibly ingenious options to the Cite While You Write™ function.
With X8 you can:
Enjoy team access to one reference library -
Work from a single reference library with up to 100 people, no matter where they are located or what organization they are affiliated with.
Overcome research limitations -
For one upfront price, store and share as many references, documents and files as you need – a necessity for successful collaboration.
See what your team is doing -
Instantly see the history of changes made to your shared library with a built-in activity feed.
Let the full text find you -
Initiate a search for full-text PDFs across your subscriptions and freely available sources. When the article is found, it will automatically be attached to your reference.
Sort through years of work in seconds -
Search across reference metadata, full-text journal articles, file attachments, and your personal annotations and notes, to locate the research you need in just seconds.
Cite it right the first time -
Insert citations and references from your EndNote library into your manuscript and automatically build a bibliography in more than 6,000 styles right from Microsoft® Word.
Take the guesswork out of journal submission -
Using EndNote online, find the journals to which your research is most likely to be accepted, based on an analysis of tens of millions of citation connections in Web of Science™.
Search your favorite databases right within EndNote
Tap into hundreds of online databases and instantly harvest what you find.
Collect full-text PDFs in one click
EndNote automatically downloads and attaches free, online full-text PDFs to your saved references.
Organize your references
Reference groups keep things manageable and reveal overlaps or intersections in your research.
Work with PDFs
Organize, rename, annotate, search and open your PDFs directly within EndNote.
Sync desktop and online libraries
Access all your research from anywhere, including your comments and annotations.
Build and format bibliographies
Create bibliographies and citations right within Microsoft® Word using Cite While You Write. Take your pick of 5,000+ formats – including popular styles such as APA, MLA, ALA, Harvard and Chicago style.
Write, polish and publish
Use EndNote tools to deliver a perfectly formatted paper, manuscript, CV, grant application
Share your research – COMING SOON
Invite colleagues and team members into your EndNote library – including notes and annotations. With unlimited storage, you can share as much as you want with up to 14 users.
Network and collaborate – NEW
Connect with the ideas, thinkers and practical tips that can take your work to a new level. Collaborate privately with your own team, or openly with the wider research community.
• Work from a single reference library with up to 100 people
• Instantly see the history of changes made to your shared library with a built-in activity log
• Compatibility with Sierra
• Online Search and Find Full Text with PubMed via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
• Using short form, include the title field only when needed to disambiguate a citation
• Cite While You Write, includes track changes and format multiple citations via EndNote online
• Import PDFs improvments
• Other bug fixes and stability improvements
EndNote X7.6 (Mac)
• Cite While You Write add-in supports 32-bit and 64-bit builds of Word 2016 for Mac
• Full compatibility with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for MS Word 2016 users after they update Word to v15.24
• Cite While You Write for Microsoft Word 2016
• Compatibility with OS X El Capitan
• Sync improvments
• Restored Direct Export functionality for OS X Snow Leopard
• Cumulative updaters
Patch X7.4 for Windows and Mac (released Sep. 2015)
• Shared library feature improvements
• Sync performance
• Streamline software updater experience by reducing number of steps with cumulative update process
• Office Windows 10 compatibility
Patch X7.3 for Windows and Mac provides bug fixes and improvements to:
•Cite While You WriteTM
•Reference Manager database conversion
Patch X7.2 for Windows and Mac includes two major enhancements:
Users can share a whole library with up to 14 others, for a collaborative team of 15.
Users receive unlimited storage – online and for syncing and sharing. (Changed from 5GB)
All X7 users get access – once they have updated to X7.2 and activated the desktop
The major features of X7 release include enhancements to PDF management, access to EndNote library in PowerPoint (this is a Windows only feature), and improved integration across desktop, online, and iPad.
- Set your preferences to create clear, organized, and easily searchable names for your PDF documents as you import them.
- Add citations and reference lists to your Microsoft PowerPoint slides (this is a feature only available on Windows).
- Add subheadings to your bibliography in Microsoft Word using your own categories or predefined by reference type in an output style—great for distinguishing primary and secondary sources.
- Better organize your research materials by using new reference types such as Interview, Podcast, Conference Paper, and Press Release.
- Reorder column headings in the Library reference list by using drag-and-drop and customize which columns display with just a right-click.
- Use improved Sync that occurs in the background so that your work is continuously backed up and always available online and on your iPad.
- Quickly identify groups that you’re sharing online from within your EndNote desktop.
- Use new options to control the ratings and read/unread field display.
- Copy the record number to another field in a reference using the Copy feature from the Change\Move\Copy Fields command.
- Review program updates automatically.
System requirements (Windows)
Windows 7,8 and 10 (32/64 bit)
Pentium 450 MHz processor or higher
256 MB RAM
180 MB available hard disk space
Internet connection to search online databases
EndNote libraries are compatible across Windows and Mac OS X platforms
EndNote is Unicode compliant.
To use MSI installation, it is necessary to have the latest Windows Updates installed.
System requirements (Mac)
Mac OS X (10.10x, 10.11.x and 10.12.x)
Hard disk with 400 MB availible
Minimum 256 MB of available RAM
Internet connection required to register for EndNote Web, search online databases, find full text and auto-update references.
EndNote is Unicode compliant
EndNote libraries are compatible across Macintosh and Windows platforms
EndNote Web account included
Cite While You Write feature compatible with:
Microsoft Word® 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016 (32-bit/64-bit)
OpenOffice.org Writer 3
RTF Document Scan: works with RTF (Rich Text Format) files created by many word processors including OpenOffice, FrameMaker and more.
- Single user
- Volume licenses
- Student licenses
- ESD-license (Download)
Please contact us today for an offer!
We now have training sessions scheduled for you. Please check out the training webpage for more details about our EndNote training.
We offer technical support for all our EndNote customers.
As a first step you should visit our support page for EndNote. Here you can find solutions for common issues as well as find many other useful resources.
If you cannot find the answer, please contact us using our support form.
Please state your support case as detailed as possible when you contact our support.
Always remember to inform what product version you are using and what operating system (both platform and version).