Intel Fortran XE 2018
Industry leading performance using the Fortran Composer with analysis tools
Intel offers a variety of solutions for Fortran developers running on Windows, Linux or Mac. Choose between the regular Fortran Composer Edition and a larger suite such as Intel Professional Edition which also include advanced optimization and multithreading capabilities, highly optimized performance libraries and analysis tools for creating fast reliable multithreaded applications.
Intel Parallel Studio XE comes in three key editions based on your development needs.
INTEL PARALLEL STUDIO XE COMPOSER EDITION
Intel Composer delivers outstanding performance for your applications as they run on systems using Intel Core or Xeon processors, including Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors, and IA-compatible processors. Visual Studio 2012, 2013, 2015 or 2017 is a prerequisite on Windows and the gnu tool chain is supported on Linux and OS X.
- Intel Fortran Compiler - industry-leading Fortran application performance with extensive support for Fortran standards, OpenMP, and more.
- Intel Distribution for Python
- Intel OpenMP - implement scalable parallelism using OpenMP 4.0 standard. Compatible with all C, C++, and Fortran compilers using standard APIs for simple code integration.
- Intel Math Kernel Library - extensive C, C++, and Fortran compatible math library that uses standard APIs for simple code integration.
- Rogue Wave IMSL Library - available as an add-on to Fortran based suites or Intel Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Windows with Rogue Wave IMSL.
INTEL PARALLEL STUDIO XE PROFESSIONAL EDITION
The Professional Edition includes all of the functionality of the Composer Edition, plus:
- Intel Inspector XE - quickly find memory leaks and memory allocation errors, locate difficult-to-find threading errors like data races and deadlocks and detect out of bounds accesses and dangling pointers.
- Intel VTune Amplifer XE - collect a rich set of data to tune CPU and GPU compute performance, multicore scalability, bandwidth, and more. Sort, filter, and visualise results for quick insight into performance bottlenecks and automate regression tests and collect data remotely using the powerful command line.
- Intel Advisor XE - analyse, design, tune, and check your threading design before implementation, explore and test threading options without disrupting normal development and predict thread errors and performance scaling on systems with more cores.
INTEL PARALLEL STUDIO XE CLUSTER EDITION
The Cluster Edition includes all of the functionality of the Composer and Professional Editions, plus:
- Intel MPI Library - performance-optimised MPI Library with sustained scalability: low latencies, higher bandwidth, and increased processes.
- Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector - powerful MPI communications profiling and analysis with low overhead and effective visualization.
What is new in Intel Parallel Studio XE 2018
-Speed application performance with Intel® AVX-512 for the latest Intel® Xeon® Scalable and Intel® Xeon Phi™ processors. Accelerate MPI applications with Intel® Omni-Path Architecture.
-Accelerate HPC with high performance Python.
-Find high impact, but under optimized loops using Intel® Advisor’s roofline analysis.
-Stay up to date with the latest standards and IDEs:
-Full C++14 and initial C++ 2017 draft
-Full Fortran 2008 and initial Fortran 2015 draft
-Python 2.7 and 3.6, initial OpenMP 5.0 draft
-Microsoft Visual Studio* 2017 integration
-Flexibility for What You Need
-Quickly spot high payoff opportunities for faster code using a combined performance snapshot for MPI, CPU, FPU, and memory use.
-Adds MPICH and Cray support.
-Easily access the latest Intel® Performance Libraries and Intel® Python* Distribution via APT GET, YUM and Conda.
-New, broader redistribution rights for Intel® Performance Libraries and Intel® Distribution for Python.
What’s New in the different editions of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2018
Intel Parallel Studio XE 2018 Composer Edition 2018
-Advance Support for Intel® Architecture – Use Intel compiler to generate optimized code for Intel Atom® through Intel® Xeon Scalable and Xeon Phi processor families
-Achieve Superior Parallel Performance – Vectorize & thread your code (using OpenMP) to take full advantage of the latest SIMD - enabled hardware, including AVX - 512 instructions
-Develop Smart Code with Confidence – Access extensive compiler diagnostics to study code generation characteristics, use with Intel VTune Amplifier & Intel® Advisor for further analysis
-Faster Compile Time – Memory management improvements reduce application compile time without sacrificing runtime performance
-Lightweight Hardware - based Profile - guided Optimization alternative – Experience many benefits of profile information without the overhead of instrumentation.
Intel Parallel Studio XE 2018 Professional Edition 2018
Intel VTune Amplifier
-Accurately profile C, C++, Fortran, Python, Go, Java, or any mix
-Optimize CPU, threading, memory, cache, storage & more
-Save time: rich analysis leads to insight
2018 VTune Amplifier News:
-Quick metrics for shared & distributed memory apps
-Cross - OS analysis – e.g. analyze Linux from Windows or macOS
-Profile inside containers
-Correctness Tools Increase ROI By 12% - 21%
-Errors found earlier are less expensive to fix
-Races & deadlocks not easily reproduced
-Memory errors are hard to find without a tool
-Debugger Integration Speeds Diagnosis
-Breakpoint set just before the problem
-Examine variables & threads with the debugger
2018 Inspector News:
Fewer false positives
C++ 17 std::shared_mutex added
Windows SRW Locks added
Intel Parallel Studio XE 2018 Cluster Edition 2018
Intel Trace Analyzer & Collector
-Powerful Profiler, Analysis & Visualization Tool for MPI Applications
-Low overhead for accurate profiling, analysis & correctness checking
-Easily visualize process interactions, hotspots & load balancing for tuning & optimization
-Workflow flexibility: Compile, Link or Run
2018 Trace Analyzer & Collector News
-Support of OpenSHMEM applications
-Supports the latest Intel® Xeon® Scalable and Intel® Xeon Phi™ processors
Intel Cluster Checker 2018
-For Linux High Performance Compute Clusters
-Verifies system health
-Offers suggested actions
-Provides extensible framework
-API for integrated support
-Adds support for new Intel silicon & platform elements (processors, fabric, memory, storage, cluster provisioning, HPC platforms)
-Introduces simplified grouping of checks for extensibility
-Improves diagnostic output
-Validates Intel Scalable System Framework Classic HPC Cluster Reference Architectures
-Check Intel Omni-Path in-depth
-Analyze data from multiple database sources
Following matrix explains which products that are included in the different product editions
Evaluate Intel Parallel Studio XE 2018 for free during 30 days.
Intel Fortran products and suites is sold as single user or floating server license.
If you are using the Materials under the control of a Single- User license, you as an individual may install and use the Materials on an unlimited number of computers provided that you are the only individual using the Materials and only one copy of the Materials is in use at any one time. A separate license is required for each additional use and/or individual user in all other cases.
If you are using the Materials under the control of a Floating license, you may (a) install the Materials on an unlimited number of computers that are connected to the designated network and (b) use the Material by no more than the authorized number of concurrent users. A separate license is required for each additional concurrent user and/or network on which the Materials are used.
The componens within Intel Fortran Studio XE can also be purchased seperately (Intel Composer XE, Inspector, Amplifier with more).
Student and academic licenses are offered seperately.
Please contact us today for an offer!
All product updates and Intel Premier Support services are included for one year. Intel Support gives you secure, web-based, engineer-to-engineer support.
Use following links to get access to Intel support:
Alfasoft offers startup support to customers.