MathType 6.9 NEW VERSION
Powerful editing tool for creating technical documents
MathType is a powerful interactive equation editor for Windows and Macintosh that lets you create mathematical notation for word processing, web pages, desktop publishing, presentations, and for TeX, LaTeX, and MathML documents. MathType works with 100s of applications and websites, allowing you to put Equations Everywhere and Anywhere™.
New features in MathType 6.9
Here are some of the major new features in MathType 6.9. To learn more about them, visit our Full Feature List.
- Now supports Microsoft Office 2013 and Office 365:
- Office 2013 and Office 365: MathType 6.9 is fully compatible with Office 2013 and Office 365 installed on Windows 7 and 8 computers.
- Office 2010, 2007, 2003, and XP: MathType 6.9 is fully compatible.
- Office Web Apps, Office Mobile, and Office RT: MathType equations cannot be edited in these Office versions but equations created in other versions of Office will display and print.
- Office 32- and 64-bit: MathType 6.9 is compatible with both 32- and 64-bit versions of Office.
- Compatibility with 700+ applications and websites: Connexions, Desire2Learn, Stack Exchange, and 73+ other applications and websites join Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, Adobe InDesign, and hundreds of others that work with MathType! Check out Works With... to see if your applications are compatible.
- MathPage now supports MathJax: Our MathPage™ technology now has the option to publish your Word documents as web pages with MathML equations displayed using MathJax technology.
- Windows 8 compatibility: MathType 6.9 works on Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, and XP operating systems. MathType is not compatible with Windows RT.
MathType 6.9 equations are compatible with MathType 6.x and 5.x equations so you can continue to work with other MathType users even if they haven't upgraded yet. When you upgrade to MathType 6.9 any changes you've made in your installed version of MathType, including keyboard shortcuts, toolbars, preferences, etc. will be retained.
Detailed information about MathType
MathType product page
MathType runs on both Mac and Windows.
- MathType for Windows, runs on Microsoft Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP and 2000
- MathType for Mac: Mac OS X 10.3.9 or newer.
- Hard dirive: 10 MB (Windows) 20 MB (Mac)
- CD-ROM or access to internet
- Single user licenses (Download only)
- Single user licenses Academic (Download only)
Support and Resources for MathType
When contacting our support department please describe your problem as detailed as possible. Remember to always inform about the productversion and what operating system you are using (platform and version).
We also recommend these online supportpages and resources: