NVIVO 12 MAC
The #1 native Mac application for qualitative and mixed-methods data analysis.
Built specifically for Mac users by dedicated Mac developers, NVivo 12 Mac is the best native Mac application for qualitative and mixed-methods data analysis. If you need to unlock insights from large volumes of research data, discover the new features in NVivo 12 Mac.
More power for NVivo 12 Mac
Easier to learn and use
Get started on your analysis straight away with improved loading times for your project, and project items. Say goodbye to toe-tapping while you wait for your project to load.
Thanks to clearer links between the descriptive information about sources, people or places, classifications are now more intuitive to use and you can more easily see relationships in your data.
Share progress in a snap
Create a codebook to document your codes and their descriptions, ensuring coding consistency for you or your team. Then in just a few clicks export your codebook to share, allowing others to easily review your progress and structure.
See patterns and correlations in charts
Generate charts to visually present and explore a summary of your coding. Easily drill down into your data, format the chart and export to share findings. You can use charts to answer questions like, “Which files are most coded to Habitat?".
Code your way
Use new region coding to code your PDF based data. So, you can import scanned newspapers, scripts and other data and then code any part of the PDF, like charts, handwritten notes and tables. Then query your region coding and incorporate it into visualizations.
Enhanced support for mixed methods
Access new features and functionality that will help you easily cross tabulate data and visualize the results, and exchange data with a direct integration with SPSS.
News in NVivo 11
What´s new in Update 4
Collect your notes, organize your literature review and enrich your analysis with the latest update to NVivo for Mac.
In a nutshell, the update lets you
- Streamline your literature reviews with new support for reference management tools; Mendeley, Zotero and RefWorks
- Use intuitive coding tools to identify themes
- Compare and explore your data visually with new comparison diagrams
- Work on-the-go with a seamless connection to OneNote Online
What´s new in Update 3
Printing in NVivo for Mac
Keen to share your work with peers, team mates or supervisors?
You can now:
- Print your text sources with coding stripes, nodes, cases, maps and diagrams
- Print node reference view with coding stripes and highlighting
- Print visualizations.
What’s new in Update 2?
NVivo for Mac is continuing to evolve at a steady pace and the next update brings some seriously useful visualizations as well as support for more languages.
- Brainstorm and think creatively
Fire-up your right brain and think creatively with the new mind maps. Whether you’re capturing early thoughts or consolidating themes, a mind map can help you to step back from the textual data and let your visual side take over.
- Be guided by your intuition
Explore diagrams help you to follow hunches and track connections between the people, themes and sources in your project.
- Spot trends and liven-up presentations
You can use hierarchy charts to get a holistic view of your data from different angles. For example, just by clicking on Hierarchy Chart in the ribbon, you can get a feel for the dominant themes in your project
Work in more languages
- If you’ve been looking forward to working with a French, German or Spanish (Mexico) interface - then your wait is over.
- With this update you can change the interface setting (via your Mac system preferences) and work in your chosen language.
What’s new in Update 1?
Collaborate together on a project and improve your literature reviews with Endnote
Team collaboration with NVivo for Mac
- Deliver results faster by copying the master project so that team members can work on individual copies of the project at the same time. When you’re ready, bring everyone’s work together by merging projects.
- Monitor team members’ work to keep track of progress and direction.
- Use coding comparison queries to compare coding across team members’ work to ensure they’re working consistently. This helps prove the validity of your research, aiding in editorial reviews and publications.
- Use color to visually distinguish items to keep track, add emphasis and organize.
- It’s easier to manage and query your bibliographic data, notes and articles with simple imports from EndNote to NVivo for Mac.
- Combine the specialized functionality of EndNote, with NVivo’s advanced querying, grouping and analysis tools so you can ask more questions of your data. Importing information like bibliographies and articles from EndNote to NVivo means you can query the literature in finer detail and deliver more robust papers.
Easy to learn and use
Get started on your analysis straight away with improved loading times. Say goodbye to toe-tapping while you wait for your project to load. Thanks to a streamlined layout, classifying your data and working with cases has never been easier.
Share progress in a snap
Automatically create a codebook based on your codes and their descriptions, ensuring coding consistency for you or your team. Then in just a few clicks export your codebook to share, allowing others to easily review your progress and structure.
Code your way
Use new region coding to code your PDF based data. Import scanned newspapers, scripts and other data and then code any part of the PDF, including charts, handwritten notes and tables or convert words in a scanned PDF into codable text. Then query your region and text coding and incorporate it into visualizations.
Ask questions of your data
Use queries to ask complex questions and identify new meaning in your data. Test ideas, explore patterns and see connections between themes, topics, people and places. Look for emerging themes, find words and discover concepts using text search and word frequency queries.
Visualize your research
Visualize your data with the most comprehensive range of visualizations: charts, mind maps, word clouds, explore, comparison diagrams and many more. When you’re ready to share your findings, it’s easy to export your visualizations into reports and presentations.
Enhance your mixed methods analysis
Use crosstabs to analyze themes by one or two attributes – like age or occupation – or by cases for enhanced mixed methods research. Totals are automatically calculated and the results can be saved as a SPSS file (.sav) for further statistical analysis.
Prices and Licensing options
Educational & Not for Profit
If you're a student, teacher or an academic who is learning, instructing or undertaking research at an educational institution such as a university or college (excluding teaching hospitals) then you may be eligible for education pricing. You must be using QSR software for teaching or educational purposes only.
Educational pricing applies as well to NfP organizations such as regístered charities.
If you belong to a Governmental institution government pricing applies
If you belong to a non-educational, non-governmental organization, standard pricing applies.
Student pricing requires a student proof.
Single user licenses
Single user licenses are for 1 exclusive individual to be used on up to two devices. If you buy 2 or more licenses, 10% discount applies. For 4 or more licenses, you are entitled to ‘right to use’ pricing.
Enterprise License Agreements (ELA) and Right-to-use licenses
For larger volumes it is suitable with an ELA or right-to-use license which effectively mean you are leasing the sifware at a very good price. An ELA drastically decrease the adminstrative time spent on licensing and also include upgarde drastically
- Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor
- 2 GB of RAM, recommended 4 GB (as defined by the Mac OS X Mavericks minimum requirements)
- 1280 x 800 screen resolution, recommended 1440 x 900 screen resolution or higher
- Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or later
- Approximately 2 GB of available hard-disk space, recommended approximately 4 GB SSD of available hard-disk space. (additional hard-disk space may be required for NVivo project data)
We offer technical support for all our NVivo customers.
As a first step you should visit our support page for NVivo. Here you can find solutions for common issues as well as find many other useful resources.
If you cannot find the answer, please contact us using our support form.
Please state your support case as detailed as possible when you contact our support. Always remember to inform what product version you are using and what operating system (both platform and version).