A complete web-based test case management solution to efficiently manage, track, and organize your software testing efforts.
TestRail is a web-based test case management tool. It is used by testers, developers and team leads to manage, track, and organize software testing efforts. TestRail allows team members to enter test cases, organize test suites, execute test runs, and track their results, all from a modern and easy to use web interface.
Advantages using TestRail
Manage test cases, suites and test runs
The traditional way of managing and documenting test cases on paper, in wikis, bug tracking tools, or general document management systems quickly reaches its limits. TestRail enables you to create, manage, and organize test cases and suites within an optimized user interface and application structure.
Boost testing productivity
TestRail’s todo lists, filters, and email notifications help coordinate test runs and increase the productivity and responsibility of testers. The goal is to make sure that every team member knows their tasks at all times and that team leads can assign new tasks to testers depending on their workload.
Real-time insights into your testing progress
To make important project decisions, it is critical to have access to detailed information about the testing progress and test results. Questions such as “What percent of a test run have we successfully completed?”, “How are we progressing on the upcoming milestone?” or “Which tests have been executed in the past 24 hours?” can only be answered efficiently by using a comprehensive test case management software such as TestRail, and TestRail makes these details readily available.
The organization and coordination of multiple parallel tests, be it for different projects or releases, is often complex and time-consuming. To not lose track of your testing efforts, TestRail helps you manage important software-specific data and structures such as project milestones and makes it easy to integrate with bug tracking tools.
Centralized Test Management
Collaborate with stakeholders on test cases, plans, and runs.
Easily Track Results
Execute your tests and track results that matter.
Powerful Reports and Metrics
Actionable reports, metrics, and real-time insights.
Integrate with bug trackers, automated tests, and more. TestRail can easily be integrated with Jira and dozens of other tools.
Fast and easy to use for a productive, happy team.
Scalable and Customizable
Cloud or download, highly customizable, and much more.
TestRail Core Features
List of Testrail features that make it so popular among users, most notably the centralizing and organizing feature
1 Testing Supports and Methodologies
- Agile Testing
- Black box testing
- Exploratory Testing
- Functional/Manual Testing
- Automation Testing
2 Centralize & organize
- TestRail tool create, centralize, organize and manage test cases very effectively and efficiently.
- Easily import test cases from excel and other management tool.
- It can create multiple versions of test cases for comparison and uses.
- It can share test case repository across different projects, releases and sprints.
3 Manage & Track Execution
- It supports build out and re-run of test execution suites.
- It kicks off automation suite as well.
- It captures step by step test execution history with detailed explanation.
- It supports test run specific configuration and parameters.
- Email can be sent for a particular task to users.
- Voting and watching features to keep an eye on progress for stakeholders.
- Use @mention to get attention of specific team member at Comments/Description.
5 Power Search
- TestRail supports powerful search functionality with Hotkeys features
- supports free text search
- supports syntax search
- TestRail supports multiple reporting.
- It supports Test Case and Test Execution Reports
- Generate detailed summary report for projects, milestones, plan and Runs.
- Track the workload of entire team.
- It supports Cross Project Report as well.
7 Scale with Team Growth
- TestRail supports any business team and any project irrespective of size and complexity.
- TestRail supports more than 100 add-ins to connect with different software’s to make work easy.
- Wide range of add-ins makes it as universal across the globe – JIRA, Bamboo, HipChat, BugZilla, egg P lant, Cucumber, Jenkins, Selenium etc
- It also supports Rally and Version One integration as well.
9 Common Features
- It supports sticky sidebars
- supports rich text formatting
- optimizing printing
- scheduling and forcasting
10 Recover Data
- Generate and download full system backups.
- Migrate and import existing test cases from excel and legacy data tool.
- Export data into CSV, XML and Excel files.
A detailed and comprehensive introductory guide to TestRail:
Introduction - In this video, you will get an overview of the main functionalities and navigational elements of the #1 test management software for QA and Development Teams.
Project types - In this video you will learn the difference between projects with a single repository for all cases, those with baseline support, and those with multiple test suites.
Test Suites & Cases - TestRail is a popular, easy-to-use tool that helps testers and developers manage their projects in a more organized way. In this training video, you will learn how to manage, group and organize your test suites and cases in TestRail. If you are not familiar with setting up a new project, we recommend that you begin with the previous video in this playlist.
Test Runs & results - TestRail is the #1 test management tool, popular for its clean UI, customization options and seamless integration with other tools. In this tutorial, you will get familiar with test runs, learn how to execute tests and record test results in TestRail.
TestRail´s Defect Integration - One of the things that make TestRail so popular is its seamless integration with issue, defect, and bug tracking tools, such as Jira, Youtrack, GitHub and many more. In this video, you will learn all about TestRail’s defect integration.
TestRails Milestones - Milestones and to dos are an important aspect of TestRail. In this tutorial video, you will learn how to manage your project milestones and test assignments more efficiently.
Test Plans - In this video tutorial, you will learn how to create test plans and test against different configurations and platforms.
Reporting - Learn how to view real-time metrics and statistics and generate advanced testing reports when using TestRail.
Administration - In this video, you will learn how to administer TestRail and implement customizations.
Enterprise - TestRail Enterprise is designed to meet the needs of larger organizations. This video describes the key features that distinguish TestRail Enterprise from TestRail Professional.
TestRail is offered in two editions; Professional and Enterprise.
TestRail Professional is the base edition used by smaller and middle size organizations. The license can be installed on you local servers or Gurocks cloud based / SaaS-slution.
TestRail Enterprise meets the needs of larger organizations with enterprise-level features and support. Like TestRail Professional, it is available for installation on your own local server or choose our cloud-based/SaaS solution.
Features included in the Enterprise edition on top of the Professional functionality
TestRail Enterprise includes all the benefits of TestRail Professional Cloud, plus:
- SAML 2.0 SSO Capability
- Configurable backups and on-demand data restores
- Audit logging for enhanced security
- Project-level administrator privileges
- Enterprise-grade technical support
- 500 GB storage included
Learn more about TestRail Enterprise in following video.
TestRail is a market leading software within test handling. In the G2s Grid for Test Management TestRail has received the highest score withing this area, both in customer satisfaction and ease of use Winter 2021, fall 2020 and spring 2020 as example.
If your license is about to expire, or you are interesed upgrading your license to Enterprise, please contact Alfasoft for assistance.