C++Builder 11 Alexandria
The C++ solution to build connected apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Gadgets, and Wearables
C++Builder is an advanced IDE for modern C++ with high-productivity libraries that help you deliver fast, native apps with great user experience for your customers. Utilize best-in-class Windows desktop UI libraries ready for Windows 11. Use powerful award-winning visual design tools and the modern Clang-enhanced compiler to rapidly prototype and publish high-performance Windows and iOS apps. Get blazing fast compile times on multi-core hardware, easy access to popular libraries like Boost, build tools like CMake and Ninja, and leverage productive UI, networking, parsing and other libraries. Independent developers and enterprise development teams choose C++Builder's advanced productivity to deliver projects 5x faster than competing solutions.
C++Builder 11 helps you:
- Create fast native apps for Windows, Mac and mobile from one codebase
- Build 64-bit Windows applications and parallelize existing code
- Bind any control to other objects or datasets with LiveBindings
- Get universal enterprise database connectivity with FireDAC
- Modernize Windows applications with new components and styles
- Extend Windows apps with mobile and wearable companion apps
- Access cloud based BaaS and REST services
- Easily deploy stateless, restful, scalable, and secure turnkey middleware to mobilize Enterprise apps
- Get a fast start and fast results
C++Builder – Designed to Fuel Your Imagination
Design Beatuiful Desktop and Mobile App UIs
- RAD Studio’s C++ version comes with the award-winning VCL framework for high-performance native Windows apps and the powerful FireMonkey (FMX) framework for cross-platform UIs. Visual development for C++ has never been easier and faster – best of all, your designs and code will always be in sync!
- Rapidly design your Windows application with VCL to ensure unmatched native performance
- Use the visual design menu to easily drag and drop visual and non-visual components from the palette
- Extend your visual UIs with components from multiple certified partners
- Use FMX to create cross-platform apps using the same code base
- Connect user interface elements to data sources using the LiveBindings Designer
- Validate designs in real time using Live On-Device Preview to broadcast the active form to multiple devices simultaneously
- Build fully responsive designs with resolution-aware components for desktop, tablets, and smartphones
- Deploy platform-specific native controls for an improved user experience
Code Faster and Smarter with C++Builder
- Smart developers and Agile software teams write better code faster using modern OOP practices and C++Builder’s robust frameworks and feature-rich IDE
- C++ Code Formatter: Automate the layout of your C++ code using clang-format
- Customize the IDE for two robust and powerful languages (Delphi and enhanced C++) and your coding style
- Quicken lengthy compiles with highly optimized compilers for every platform
- Get native, high-speed direct access to InterBase, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2, SQL Anywhere, Advantage DB, Firebird, Access, Informix, MongoDB, and more
- Get hints and tips from inline documentation as you code
- Utilize popular libraries such as Boost, Eigen, and ZeroMQ plus leverage a broad range of community tools and libraries
- Integrate with version control systems including Git, Subversion and Mercurial
Fast and Accurate Debugging
- Fix bugs faster with integrated cross-platform native debugging. Use the C++Builder IDE to debug applications running remotely on Windows and iOS!
- Save time with the integrated toolchain bringing the designer, compiler, and debugger together into a single development environment
- Add conditional breakpoints to quickly pause program execution at a specified location or when a particular condition occurs
- Explore the entire call stack to trace the route the executing code took to reach its location
- Inspect the current value of variables while your program pauses during debugging
- Debug on any device! Deploy your app to Windows and iOS devices and debug as though it was running locally. Use breakpoints, stack exploration, tool tips and expression evaluation on local and remote machines with live debugging across all deployment platforms.
Compile and Deploy High-Performance Apps with C++Builder
- Reach your users by creating apps for their preferred device. Create both desktop and mobile apps from one codebase with C++Builder and deploy to Windows and iOS.
- Go from Ad Hoc to App Store fast. Rapidly produce application bundles that can be deployed to Windows Store and Apple App Store.
- Define files to deploy by platform and build configuration. Identify within each project the files to deploy based on the target platform (Windows, iOS) and build configurations for Debug or Release.
- Deploy files directly from the C++Builder IDE. Quickly deploy files to remote machines using Platform Assistant Server (PA Server). PA Server combines the files defined for deployment and packages them into a single application instance.
Improve the Quality of Your Code with C++Builder
- Faster development cycles don’t have to mean sacrificing quality! C++Builder comes with many features that employ coding best practices, reduce duplication efforts, and help you become a rockstar coder!
- Build better code by leveraging well-tested and highly optimized native Windows and iOS libraries
- Turn documentation into immediate in-line help for you and your team
- Build unit tests for all of your code using the integrated DUnit frameworks
- Dive into your project without interrupting the application flow by adding live log-in with CodeSite Logging
Colaborate Better with C++Builder
- C++ Builders samarbets- och versionskontrollfunktioner hjälper dig att skapa bättre produkter snabbare, både som oberoende utvecklare eller som en del av ett team. Kodsamarbete driver djupare kodförståelse, bättre tester och bättre produkter.
- Spåra och hantera ändringar snabbt med versionskontrollsystem inklusive Subversion, Git och Mercurial -arkiv
- Navigera enkelt i ändringar och historik med fliken Historik i kodvisaren med den inbyggda skillnadsvisaren
- Integrera snabbt med kontinuerliga byggkonfigurationer med MSBuild, CMake och Ninja projektstöd antingen som ensam utvecklare eller som en del av ett team
- Få enkel åtkomst till molnbaserade RESTful Web Services med hjälp av inbyggt REST- och JSON / BSON-stöd
- Anslut till Amazon- och Azure -tjänster, inklusive applikationstjänster, databastjänster och lagringstjänster med C++ Builder Amazon API och Azure API
Extend the C++Builder IDE with Hundreds of Components
- C++Builder comes with hundreds of components for every task, from creating user interfaces to database connectivity, enabling easy and fast builds for connected business applications on desktop and mobile platforms. In addition to the included VCL and FireMonkey components, a broad range of tools and components are available from the Delphi and C++Builder communities.
- Use GetIt Package Manager to easily download and integrate new components to improve the functionality of your applications
- Get easy access to popular libraries such as Boost, Eigen, ZeroMQ, SDL2, SOCI, libSIMDpp, and Nematode
- Easily utilize the broad array of third-party components and controls for Delphi directly in C++Builder
- Extend the IDE with Tools and Components from Embarcadero’s Technology Partners
- Employ powerful integrated tools and components like Beyond Compare, FastReport, TeeChart, InterBase, IP*Works, and CodeSite!
- Extend the IDE even further with addons and plugins from dozens of third parties and customize the IDE to work your way
C++Builder 11 is offered in the editions Professional, Enterprise or Architect. To celebrate the new version, we have a C++Builder 11 Alexandria launch offer in September:
Buy C++Builder 11 Professional edition and get a 15% discount!
Buy C++Builder 11 Enterprise or Architect edition and get a 25% discount!
NEWS: C++Builder i is now also offered on annual basis for less than a third of the price of a traditional license. Contact Alfasoft for more information.
New Features in C++Builder 11
- High DPI IDE with HighDPI VCL and FireMonkey designers, a style-enabled VCL designer, and an improved FireMonkey designer with guidelines.
- A completely redesigned and customizable Welcome page, offering easy customization of the data shown for customers, improved management of features like recently opened files, viewing newly added items from the GetIt package manager, and more, now built on a framework allowing future custom content by customers and partners.
- VCL modernization improvements to better support the Windows 10 native platform and the coming Windows 11. This helps our customers improve their application UI and add new features often just by recompiling their existing application.
- A new implementation of C++Builder’s code formatter, to help improve the C++ code readability and consistency.
- And much more, including over 750 quality improvements for publicly reported issues and customer feature requests.
In depth: Key New Features RAD Studio 11 Alexandria
Key New IDE Features and Enhancements
- RAD Studio 11 adds high-DPI support to the IDE: This improves daily developer activities with full support for the latest 4k+ monitors, with cleaner, sharper fonts and icons, and high-resolution support throughout the IDE windows including in the VCL and FMX form designers and code editor. You can now design your forms directly at multiple scales and in high resolution.
- VCL Styles add design-time support: Prototype stylish UIs even faster by seeing immediately at design-time how your styled forms and controls will look when running.
- Multi-monitor and multi-window improvements: you can design and edit code for the same form at the same time in multiple windows, including ‘pulling’ the form designer from one window to another. This allows you to mimic the benefits of the old floating form designer in the modern IDE layout, including across multiple screens
- Welcome Page: Completely rebuilt with the VCL (removing browser dependencies), the new page has a native look and feel and a UI that fits the IDE, plus is easy for you to customize in layout and content.
- C++ Code Formatter: Automate the layout of your C++ code using clang-format.
- Numerous Code Insight (DelphiLSP) improvements based on developer community feedback and requests.
- Remote Desktop: Improved remote desktop support (for VCL and IDE).
- FireMonkey design-time guidelines: Prototype faster with visual lines for moving and aligning controls (similar to the VCL), with enhanced margin and padding support.
Many VCL components updated to new features in the Windows API:
- Rich Edit component updated: A new implementation removes XP dependencies and brings additional features into the TRichEdit control, including: URL detection, spell checking, background color and transparency.
- TreeView CheckBoxes: Support for CheckBoxes in TreeViews added, with each node supporting 3 states (Partial, Dimmed, Exclusion) to help customise the UI
- New TLabelDBEdit component offering a data-aware version of the TLabelEdit for faster prototyping.
- Large collection of minor VCL improvements including default form size and font, exception dialog copy button, Coolbar improvements, margins on Memo and RichEdit, Optional Group box frames and many more.
Key FireMonkey Platform Enhancements
- Improved FMX High-DPI support for Windows and Desktop applications with a visibly superior desktop UI, driven by an updated scaling engine that has been moved from physical to logical coordinates.
- Support for Microsoft’s WebView 2 control (Edge Chromium) in the WebBrowser component.
- RAD Studio 11 supports the latest Android 30 API and latest Billing APIs, and also migrates to use the AndroidX libraries.
- Android support for multiple classes.dex files, simplifying integration of external Android dependencies.
Target Platforms and Compilers
- macOS 64bit ARM compiler and toolchain that includes building universal binaries for Intel/ARM AppStore submissions.
- Delphi language support for binary decimals and digits separator.
- C++ toolchain improvements include overhauled Delphi-style RTTI for C++ types (allowing using components built with Clang in the IDE), including using typeid on Delphi-style types; improved C++-style RTTI for Delphi types; CMake quality improvements, and greatly improved exception handling on both Win32 and Win64.
Key Run-Time Library Enhancements and More
- RTL Quality focus: TZipFile, 64bit improvements for large data structures, Bluetooth LE
- Record Helper for TDateTime in System.DateUtils. Makes common date and time tasks faster to code, and code cleaner to read. Examples include getting the first date of the Month or Year, or converting to a Unix date format, checking AM/PM, finding out if it’s in a Leap Year, etc.
- Record Helper for TCurrency in System.SysUtils makes working with Currency simpler and easier.
- C++ RTL improvements focusing on Delphi interop include using make_shared<> and make_unique<> with Delphi classes; string_view support for Delphi strings; easy Delphi/C++ string conversion including being able to directly assign a Delphi string to a C++ string and vice versa; and Delphi core data type (such as TDateTime, Variant, etc) conversion to and from C++ strings using to_string() and from_string().
Enhanced Delphi Code Insight with LSP
- LSP awareness of Include (.inc) files used in a .pas file
- Auto restart of LSP server
- Auto code completion with Tab key
- Class helper support
- Array suggestions when assigning arrays
- Use of Visual Studio Code to edit Delphi source with full code completion, thanks to LSP support as part of your license
- FireDAC in the new release offers specific improvements for the PostgreSQL, Oracle, and Firebird databases
- The HTTP and REST client libraries have been extended with timeout mechanisms, support for HTTP/2, TLS 1.3, Base64 URL Encoding
- A new component TRESTRequestDataSetAdapter simplifies uploading datasets to RAD Server
- A new low-traffic RAD Server Lite allows unlimited deployment of your multi-tier solutions, alongside with the fully scalable RAD Server engine
- For DataSnap, the REST URL mapping logic is now fully configurable
This release includes specific fixes for over 650 issues reported by customers on Quality Portal (QP) plus over 110 new features requested by customers on the same portal (Notice that QP synchronization is not immediate)
Product trials for RAD Studio, Delphi and C++Builder 11 are now available and the updated product builds are live in the online store. Customers on Update Subscription can download and install RAD Studio 11 today using their existing license and will receive an email announcing the new release availability. Downloads are available for download in the new customers portal at my.embarcadero.com.
System requirements for Delphi XE7
• 1 GB RAM (2 GB+ recommended) • 3-30 GB free hard disk space depending on edition and configuration • DVD-ROM drive (if installing from a Media Kit DVD) • Basic GPU – Any vendor DirectX 9.0 class or better (Pixel Shader Level 2) • Intel® Pentium® or compatible, 1.6 GHz minimum (2GHz+ recommended) • 1024x768 or higher-resolution monitor • Mouse or other pointing device • Microsoft® Windows 8 or 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit) • Microsoft® Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit and 64-bit) • Delphi can also be run on Mac OS X by using a virtual machine (VM) such as VMware Fusion or Parallels hosting Windows 7 or 8 For developing 64-bit Windows applications PC running a 64-bit version of Windows or a 32-bit development PC connected with a PC running a 64-bit version of Windows
For developing Mac OS X applications PC running Windows connected with an Intel-based Mac or a Mac running Windows in a VM, with 2 GB RAM or more, running OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
For developing iOS applications PC running Windows connected with an Intel-based Mac or a Mac running Windows in a VM, with 2 GB RAM or more, running OS X 10.9 or 10.8 with Xcode 5.0 or 5.1.1. An Apple Developer account is required to deploy iOS apps to physical devices.
Supported deployment platforms PCs and tablets with Intel/AMD processors running Windows 7 SP1, 8, 8.1, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012. Macs running OS X 10.8 or 10.9. iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch running iOS 7 Microsoft Windows Server® 2008 & 2012. . Android phones and tablets: ARMv7 devices with NEON support, running Android Gingerbread (2.3.3-2.7), Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.3, 4.0.4), Jelly Bean (4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x) or KitKat (4.4.x).- See more at: http://www.alfasoft.com/se/produkter/utvecklingsverktyg/embarcadero/delphi.html#systemkrav
Minumum Hardware Requirements
-1.8 GHz or faster processor
-3 GB of RAM. 8GB of RAM recommended.
-Between 6 GB and 60 GB of available disk space. Using a SSD is strongly recommended
-DirectX 11 capable video card that runs at 1440x900 vertical resulutin screen is recommended
-Windows 10 Anniversary Edition is recommended and required for development for the Windows 10 store.
Operating System Requirements
You can also install RAD Studio on a virtual machine running one of the supported versions of Windows in a non-Windows environment (e.g., macOS). To develop FireMonkey projects, your virtualization software must provide direct access to the host GPU.
Requirements for Supported Target Platforms
64-bit Windows - PCs and tablets with Intel/AMD processors running any of the following versions of Windows
-Windows 7 (SP1+)
-Windows Server 2012
-Windows Server 2016
A 64-bit PC.
OS X - An Intel-based Mac with more than 2 GiB of RAM running any of the following versions of macOS:
-OS X 10.13 High Sierra
-OS X 10.14 Mojave
-OS X 10.15 Catalina
iOS - An iOS device running any of the following versions of iOS:
All requirements for macOS support.
Xcode, version 10.12 or later.
Membership in the Apple Developer Program.
Android - An Android device that runs on an ARMv7 processor with NEON support.
A 64-bit version of Windows for development.
Android phones and tablets running any of the following versions of Android:
Linux (Delphi only) - 64-bit Linux running any of the following distributions:
-Ubuntu Server (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS)
-Ubuntu Server (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS)
-Ubuntu Server (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS)
-RedHat Enterprise Linux (version 7)
The C++Builder installation includes some additional software. C++Builder also allows you to install other additional software after the installation. For details about C++Builder additional software, see Third Party Software Add-Ins.
The JRE is installed automatically if you choose to install support for the Android target platform.
NEW - It is now possible to buy C++Builder Professional on annual basis. Contact Alfasoft for more info.
It is possible to buy support and mainteance with all Embarcadero products. Embarcadero support and help can be found at following links:
Alfsoft provide technical first line support to all Embarcadero customers. Please describe your problem as detailed as possible when contacting our support. Remember to always inform about your product version and your operating system (both platform and version). You find instructions for support here (https://www.alfasoft.com/en/support.html).