RAD Studio 10.4.2 Sydney
The complete app development suite for Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS and Android
RAD Studio is the same ultra-fast cross-platform Native App IDE with flexible Cloud services and broad IoT connectivity that you know, with a lot more packed into it. The first IDE to offer .appx packages creation for the Windows App Store. Reach the widest audience with App Store support for Windows 10, macOS, iOS and Android - all from the same native code base.
RAD Studio 10.4.2 Sydney helps you:
- Create fast native apps for Windows, Mac and mobile from one codebase
- Create Linux and Windows server applications
- Build 64-bit Windows applications and parallelize existing code
- Bind any control to other objects or datasets with LiveBindings
- Get universal enterprise database connectivity with FireDAC
- Modernize Windows applications with new components and styles
- Extend Windows apps with mobile and wearable companion apps
- Access cloud based BaaS and REST services
- Easily deploy stateless, restful, scalable, and secure turnkey middleware to mobilize Enterprise apps
- Get a fast start and fast results
InfoRAD Studio include following products:
-Delphi – The fastest way to build native apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Linux.
-C++Builder – Multi-device C++ development for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android.
-InterBase Developer Edition and InterBase ToGo (in Professional edition and above) – InterBase Developer Edition provides developers with the best cross-platform database to build and test database applications for embedded and SME applications.
-IBLite - Database for WIndows, Mac OS X, Android and iOS
-FastReport VCL 4-RAD edition och FireMonkey edtion
-Beyond Compare Tect Compore
Dealing with Multiple UI Form Factors? Revolutionize the process with FireUI
RAD Studio 10.4.2 Sydney and the FireUI Multi-Device Designer delivers the only true single source solution for natively compiled applications. Most vendors who support native cross-platform development require separate user interfaces to be written on each platform.
Build a common UI that works across multiple form factors of mobile phones, tablets, and desktop systems. Most mobile development solutions do not support the creation of PC apps for Windows and OS X.
RAD Studio continues to enhance the process of building great apps with FireUI! The all new Multi-Device Preview provides a design time side-by-side view comparing your apps UI over different form factors on a given platform – all in one window!
RAD Server is a turn-key application foundation for rapidly building and deploying services based applications. RAD Server provides automated Delphi and C++ REST/JSON API publishing and management, Enterprise database integration middleware, IoT Edgeware and an array of application services such as User Directory and Authentication services, Push Notifications, Indoor/Outdoor Geolocation and JSON data storage.
A single server/single site deployment license of RAD Server is included with Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio Enterprise and Architect edition ($5000 value). Complimentary licenses can be purchased seperately.
Move, integrate, and analyze data with ease utilizing our FireDAC Enterprise Connectors, powered by CData. These unparalleled components allow you to integrate 80+ Enterprise applications, simplifying connectivity into a standard model using SQL.
Data today is more decentralized than ever, not to mention difficult to access with the average company running upwards of 20+ SaaS applications, and at least as many on-premise applications. Make better business decisions, eliminate headaches and increase time to productivity by organizing vast amounts of data in an actionable format fast and efficiently with these drivers.
Key RAD Studio 10.4.2 features
RAD Studio 10.4.2 continues to expand the product features in a few core directions:
- Best-In-Class Windows application development, with new native VCL Windows, controls (TControlList and TNumberBox) to help customers modernize their application UI, MSIX application packaging for Microsoft Store and Enterprise distribution, and an update of Konopka Components (one of our product bonus packages).
- New Developer Productivity and User Experience Features, including significant extensions to Code Insight based on the LSP engine for both Delphi and C++, a new IDE style, and many enhancements to improve common developer’s activities in the IDE. We’ve also updated our Migration Tool to ease migration between versions and are soon going to release new Low Code App Wizards via GetIt.
- Expanded FireMonkey Platforms Support, with full support for Android 11 (Delphi only), macOS 11 (Delphi only) and iOS 14 (Delphi and C++)
- New Delphi and C++ Features, including Delphi compiler performance improvements, C++ Win 64-bit linker enhancements and C++ exception handling and STL improvements.
Please watch "What’s New in 10.4.2" Video
Please read "What’s New in 10.4.2" Embarcadero Product Page
RAD Studio 10.4.2 – What´s New in detail
Best-In-Class Windows application development
VCL and Windows remain a core direction for the product and we have done many improvements in this space in 10.4.2, continuing from the 10.4 work:
- A new flexible and virtualized list control, called TControlList. This new VCL control, designed as a high-performance control for very long lists, provides a modern look and feel, complete with custom UI configuration options allowing controls placed in each list item
- The second new VCL control is a TNumberBox control, a modern looking numeric input control. The control supports the input of integer numbers, floating point numbers with a given set of decimal digits and proper formatting, and currency values, even allowing expression evaluation
- Integrated IDE support for Microsoft’s newly recommended Windows application packaging format, MSIX, for Microsoft Store and Enterprise deployment; MSIX support incorporates the technology previously known as Desktop Bridge, and it’s one of the pillars of Microsoft’s Project Reunion
- Numerous enhancements and updates to the Konopka Signature Visual Control library (KSVC) for better integration with VCL styles. The new version of KSVC is available as a free addon for update subscription customers in the GetIt Package Manager
- The TEdgeBrowser VCL component introduced in 10.4 (a wrapper around the Windows 10 Chromium-based Edge WebView2 control) has been updated with support for the GA version of Microsoft’s WebView2 control and its SDK and now offers enhanced support for file cache management
New Developer Productivity and User Experience Features
The IDE remains the central focus for developer productivity, and while our main focus was on continuing the CodeInsight redesign around the LSP technology, several other features have been added, including:
- Compared to the previous versions, in 10.4.2 LSP adds many new features for Error Insight: the editor now shows colored underlines for hints and warnings as well as errors, meaning you can see potential important issues in the code editor (both Delphi and C++)
- There are also significant improvements to code completion in the uses clause, improvements to parameter completion, improvements to ctrl-click navigation’s understanding of the code including being able to ctrl-click on the inherited keyword, improved support for packages; and a large number of other improvements
- For C++, several important quality improvements have been implemented in LSP, addressing issues like international characters, indexing, and more
- A new style called Mountain Mist, echoing classic IDE colors
- Many enhancements to improve common developer activities in the IDE
- Improved IDE responsiveness, with a new progress dialog that shows what the IDE is doing during a lengthy operation, such as opening a large project group
- We have updated the library path management, and added the ability to convert paths to and from absolute paths to using environment variables in the path
- Updated Migration Tool with an extended list of settings and 3 preset configurations to choose from, plus the option to include additional configuration files
- New Low Code App Wizards for FireMonkey: these wizards, which will soon be available via GetIt for subscription customers, allow RAD Studio developers to quickly build a functional multi-screen application from scratch, by specifying a number of parameters through a wizard interface
- RAD Studio 10.4.2 supports silent, automated installations of Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio with no UI interaction
Expanded FireMonkey Platforms Support
- Delphi 10.4.2 includes support for deploying and debugging on version 11 of Android and significant improvements for deployment to the App Bundle format, required by Google’s Play Store along with the 64-bit app support
- Delphi developers can target macOS 11 Big Sur with Intel-based 64-bit applications using the FireMonkey framework, targeting the macOS App Store, or distributing their macOS apps locally or through their own website
- RAD Studio 10.4.2 provides support for building iOS 14 App Store ready applications in Delphi and C++, targeting the iOS 14 SDK, and debugging on iOS 14 devices
New Delphi and C++ Features
- Delphi compiler performance improvements obtained by implementing over 20 different compiler optimizations, with compilation time reduced to a fraction of what was in previous 10.4 releases for some large customer applications
- C++Builder 10.4.2 introduces a significant improvement addressing memory usage in the Win64 linker, including a new technology to greatly reduce the amount of data the linker needs to process. It does this by splitting the debug information to separate files (known as ‘split DWARF’)
- The new release sees a large overhaul of the C++ exception handling system, both within a module and cross-module; this includes C++ language exceptions, SEH, and OS exceptions
- The C++ RTL includes the latest version of the Dinkumware STL, and several more key open source C++ libraries will be made available in GetIt
- RAD Studio 10.4.2 also delivers additional enhancements and quality improvements throughout the product and its libraries, with particular focus on PPL, HTTP and REST client, FireDAC, SOAP and WSDL importers.
- The new release includes over 600 quality improvements for publicly reported issues.
RAD Studio 10.4.2 Sydney
System requirements for Delphi XE7
• 1 GB RAM (2 GB+ recommended) • 3-30 GB free hard disk space depending on edition and configuration • DVD-ROM drive (if installing from a Media Kit DVD) • Basic GPU – Any vendor DirectX 9.0 class or better (Pixel Shader Level 2) • Intel® Pentium® or compatible, 1.6 GHz minimum (2GHz+ recommended) • 1024x768 or higher-resolution monitor • Mouse or other pointing device • Microsoft® Windows 8 or 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit) • Microsoft® Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit and 64-bit) • Delphi can also be run on Mac OS X by using a virtual machine (VM) such as VMware Fusion or Parallels hosting Windows 7 or 8 For developing 64-bit Windows applications PC running a 64-bit version of Windows or a 32-bit development PC connected with a PC running a 64-bit version of Windows
For developing Mac OS X applications PC running Windows connected with an Intel-based Mac or a Mac running Windows in a VM, with 2 GB RAM or more, running OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
For developing iOS applications PC running Windows connected with an Intel-based Mac or a Mac running Windows in a VM, with 2 GB RAM or more, running OS X 10.9 or 10.8 with Xcode 5.0 or 5.1.1. An Apple Developer account is required to deploy iOS apps to physical devices.
Supported deployment platforms PCs and tablets with Intel/AMD processors running Windows 7 SP1, 8, 8.1, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012. Macs running OS X 10.8 or 10.9. iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch running iOS 7 Microsoft Windows Server® 2008 & 2012. . Android phones and tablets: ARMv7 devices with NEON support, running Android Gingerbread (2.3.3-2.7), Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.3, 4.0.4), Jelly Bean (4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x) or KitKat (4.4.x).- See more at: http://www.alfasoft.com/se/produkter/utvecklingsverktyg/embarcadero/delphi.html#systemkrav
Minumum Hardware Requirements
-1.8 GHz or faster processor
-3 GB of RAM. 8GB of RAM recommended.
-Between 6 GB and 60 GB of available disk space. Using a SSD is strongly recommended
-DirectX 11 capable video card that runs at 1440x900 vertical resulutin screen is recommended
-Windows 10 Anniversary Edition is recommended and required for development for the Windows 10 store.
Operating System Requirements
You can also install RAD Studio on a virtual machine running one of the supported versions of Windows in a non-Windows environment (e.g., macOS). To develop FireMonkey projects, your virtualization software must provide direct access to the host GPU.
Requirements for Supported Target Platforms
64-bit Windows - PCs and tablets with Intel/AMD processors running any of the following versions of Windows
-Windows 7 (SP1+)
-Windows Server 2012
-Windows Server 2016
A 64-bit PC.
OS X - An Intel-based Mac with more than 2 GiB of RAM running any of the following versions of macOS:
-OS X 10.13 High Sierra
-OS X 10.14 Mojave
-OS X 10.15 Catalina
iOS - An iOS device running any of the following versions of iOS:
All requirements for macOS support.
Xcode, version 10.12 or later.
Membership in the Apple Developer Program.
Android - An Android device that runs on an ARMv7 processor with NEON support.
A 64-bit version of Windows for development.
Android phones and tablets running any of the following versions of Android:
Linux (Delphi only) - 64-bit Linux running any of the following distributions:
-Ubuntu Server (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS)
-Ubuntu Server (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS)
-Ubuntu Server (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS)
-RedHat Enterprise Linux (version 7)
The JRE is installed automatically if you choose to install support for the Android target platform.
The RAD Studio installation includes some additional software. RAD Studio also allows you to install other additional software after the installation. For details about Delphi additional software, see Third Party Software Add-Ins.
It is possible to buy support and mainteance with all Embarcadero products. Embarcadero support and help can be found at following links:
Alfsoft provide technical first line support to all Embarcadero customers. Please describe your problem as detailed as possible when contacting our support. Remember to always inform about your product version and your operating system (both platform and version). You find instructions for support here (https://www.alfasoft.com/en/support.html).