The industry standard software for engineering calculations
Mathcad is the world leading mathematical calculation tool since the last 20 years. Mathcad is now used by more than 2 million engineers and 2000 universities across the world, to perform mathematical calculations, document and share the information with others.
Mathcad drives innovation and offers significant personal and process productivity advantages for product development and engineering design projects. Unlike proprietary calculating tools and spreadsheets, Mathcad lets engineers design and document engineering calculations simultaneously with comprehensive applied math functionality and dynamic, unit-aware calculations.
Mathcads unique whiteboard interface uses mathematical expressions, so that you calculations look axactly the same as the formulas in your reference handbooks. Mathcad intergrates mathematical expressions, text and graphics in the same document. All necessary elements in your construction is linked together, and available for all.
New in Mathcad Prime 7.0
The latest version, PTC Mathcad Prime 7.0, has been recently released, and adds such new features as:
- Easy conversion of legacy Mathcad worksheets to Prime 7 without the need to install Mathcad 15.
- Control calculations with drop-down menus for variable definitions
- Directly save worksheets in PDF format
- Usability improvements
- Comprehensive Help Guide for Mathcad API
- Symbolic engine enhancements
On the 17th of February PTC made an important end of sale announcement for Mathcad 15 and Mathcad Prime 1-6.
Effective December 31st, 2021, PTC will no longer offer new Mathcad 15 and Prime 1-6 licenses. These versions will move to a level of support for end user issues only, which means that PTC will no longer release new versions, bug fixes and patches for Mathcad 15 and Prime 1-6.
All users are encouraged to fully migrate to Prime 7.0 which PTC is expected to be released in March 2021.
How are these changes going to affect you?
The holders of perpetual licenses with an active support agreement:
- Fully migrate to the latest Mathcad Prime 7.0 and continue renewing the annual support agreement.
- Continue using Mathcad 15 and/or Prime 1-6 versions without any major changes.
The users of Mathcad 15 and/or Mathcad Prime 1-6 with active annual subscription licenses can:
- Fully migrate to the latest Mathcad Prime 7.0 in March and continue renewing the annual subscription agreement.
- Commit to an up to 4-year subscription agreement and continue using Mathcad 15 and/or Prime 1-6, while migrating to Prime 7.0 within the multi-year subscription period. Subscription payment for multiyear subscriptions will be made annually.
Migrate to Prime assistance from Alfasoft.
We are always available to help you with the migration to Mathcad Prime 7.0. The software is expected to be released in March, and we will let you know when it is ready and how you can upgrade.
In the meantime, sign up to one of our free “Migrating to Prime” webinars.
- Windows 7, 8.1 or 10. Both 32- and 64-bit.
- Available Disk Space: 2.1 GB (600 MB for PTC Mathcad with one language installed, 1.5 GB for temporary space during installation. When the installation process is complete, the installer removes all the temporary data.)
- .NET Framework: 4.6.2 or later version of .NET that Microsoft certifies as a replacement for 4.6.2
Internet Browser Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later (Internet Explorer 7.0 or later is recommended for full functionality of the Help system)
- Network TCP/IP, Ethernet Network Adapter
- Pointing Device: Microsoft-compatible mouse or other pointing device
PTC offers the annual subscription base licenses for Mathcad Prime 7.0
You can choose between:
- Individual subscription
- Floating subscription
- Global subscription
We provide technical support for all our customers of Mathcad.
Just log a case at support.alfasoft.com.
When contacting our support department please describe your problem as detailed as possible. Remember to always inform about the productversion and what operating system you are using (platform and version).
We also recommend these online supportpages and resources: